SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a Senior Accountant for a well know company which runs eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, specializing in storage, transportation and distribution in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpinning their strategy to leverage their unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
The Senior Accountant prepares journal entries, account reconciliations, KPIs, internal control documentation, and various Shared Services analyses and reporting packages. This individual interfaces with internal and external customers and various service providers and must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Prepares and/or reviews monthly journal entries.
- Prepares and/or reviews account reconciliations and analyses and maintains supporting documentation.
- Prepares the shared services reporting package encompassing performance analytics and KPI dashboards.
- Prepares travel and expense reporting package and develops reports for future compliance and risk management opportunities.
- Benchmarks shared services processes to industry peers.
- Prepares written procedures and process flow of job responsibilities and internal controls.
- Prepares 3rd party internal control and SOX compliance documentation.
- Prepares various reports and commentary issued to management.
- Assists with special projects, internal and external audit requests, year-end activities and related duties.
- Evaluates and recommend improvements to processes, procedures and systems.
- Provides guidance to lower-level personnel.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- Ability to understand policies, written procedures and follow detailed instructions
- Ability to function effectively while meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and administrative skills
- Efficient with Microsoft applications
- SAP accounting systems experience is a plus
The Sr. Accountant interfaces with internal and external customers and various service providers and must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The individual knows fundamental accounting concepts and practices and understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls. Under limited supervision and instruction, the individual completes assignments that are varied and require ingenuity and originality. This individual must also have the ability to assume supervisory responsibilities and provide guidance as a resource for lower-level personnel.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.