We have fantastic opportunity for a Conflicts Researcher in our top-rated law firm client in their Los Angeles office. This opportunity offers a competitive base, bonus and excellent benefits/growth potential. Qualified candidates will have law firm experience and a Bachelor's degree.
The hours for this position will be 12:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
The ideal candidate will investigate, identify, and recommend resolution of conflicts-of-interest.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct thorough and accurate research of corporations, agencies and individuals listed as incoming parties to client/matters, or submitted with preliminary conflicts checks;
- Analyze and evaluate both the reference source research results and conflicts reports to determine whether conflicts-of-interest may exist with incoming parties;
- Inform attorneys and administrative staff as to whether potential or actual conflicts exist and propose the necessary steps to resolve; Consult with management on complex conflicts issues potentially requiring the further direction of the Professional Responsibility Committee;
- Update the corporate hierarchies or “family trees” in the Firm’s conflicts database and billing database;
- Conduct pro-active research of mergers, acquisitions and potential bankruptcies using various business reference sources and record findings in the conflicts database;
- Prepare new business intake forms for review by the Conflicts Manager;
- Research and process requests including close, reopen, client, matter, and mailing/contact change requests;
- Work overtime as required; and
- Handle additional Conflicts research and analysis projects as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (strongly preferred);
- At least 1 year of law firm or professional services experience (preferred);
- Fundamental-level proficiency in conflicts related computer operations and software programs;
- Fundamental-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Microsoft Word;
- Advanced-level proficiency in business verbal and written communications; and
- Fundamental knowledge of research procedures and methodology.