SourcePro Search has a fantastic administrative opportunity for an experienced Corporate Attorney with our large global law firm client. This role offers a competitive compensation package and can be based in any US office.
The Senior Attorney (Corporate) performs and coordinates substantive due diligence and drafts, reviews and negotiates non-disclosure agreements as a member of the Firm’s Transactional Services Center. In this capacity, the Senior Attorney (Corporate) will:
• Perform due diligence review for business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and financings;
• Draft, review and negotiate non-disclosure agreements for the firm’s M&A, Private Equity and Leveraged Finance groups;
• Coordinate with deal teams to facilitate the completion of due diligence projects;
• Coordinate due diligence review by the Firm’s attorney subject matter specialists, such as tax, environmental, benefits and regulatory;
• Create due diligence summaries and reports leveraging the Firm’s licensed technology tools;
• Identify efficiency opportunities and/or enhancements in the performance of the Transactional Services Center;
• Coordinate with peers, as appropriate, to ensure best practices in due diligence and drafting;
• Manage projects to ensure that the work product is delivered accurately and on time;
• Conduct training of more junior members of the Transactional Services Center;
• Work beyond scheduled hours as necessary and travel as required; and
• Handle additional related projects as necessary.
• Law degree and current bar admission in the jurisdiction where the Senior Attorney (Corporate) will sit;
• At least 4 years of law firm practitioner experience in M&A, Finance, or General Corporate practice, with experience performing due diligence and drafting corporate-related contracts;
• Advanced legal knowledge and practice skills of corporate diligence, including business law principles and M&A issues;
• Expert knowledge of the workflows of performing due diligence;
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, specifically Word and Excel;
• Advanced proficiency in drafting due diligence reports and related legal transactional documents;
• Expert proficiency in the English language, including punctuation, spelling, grammar and writing skills; and
• Proficiency in the use of legal technologies, such as Inter/Intra/Extranet technologies and legal research databases.