SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a Procurement Specialist (Entry Level).
Location: Chandler, AZ Salary Range: $15-$20/hour
Procurement specialists specialize in finding goods and services for businesses at the best price to ensure the businesses & continued functionality.
- This can include office supplies, inventory, and large-scale purchases like real estate.
- These specialists are counted on to meet budgetary constraints and increase profitability.
- Procurement specialists can range from entry level to senior level positions in a company.
- In entry level positions, they may issue purchase orders based on the requirements from manufacturing, operations, or project management divisions within the company.
- They may also be required to assess the performance of suppliers in responding to demands, develop long term relationships, or terminate those who are detrimental to the well-being of the company.
- Procurement specialists often serve in a support role in addition to their other duties.
- They assist in the preparation and analysis of contracts.
- They work closely with all areas of upper management, accounting departments, finance departments, as well as outside vendors.
- They most often work in a business office environment, during a typical Monday through Friday work week.
- Their hours are standard business hours, although special project time constraints may require working more than usual at times.
- Most procurement specialists have a bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or a related field.
- Most procurement specialists are expert negotiators, with some experience in the field prior to taking on this kind of role.