SourcePro Search is conducting a search for our top rated law firm client who is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to be a part of their Accounting and Finance team working out of their New York office.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the financial processing of transactions for all domestic offices and maintaining internal controls surrounding accounts payable policies and procedures that fulfill the firm’s goals and requirements as well as regulatory requirements
The successful candidate will have experience in Chrome River and at least one accounting software such as Elite Enterprise, TR Elite 3E, or Aderant.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Managing accounts payable using accounting software and other programs. Handling accounts payable for separate offices and vendors.
- Analyzing and improving workflow processes.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors.
- Manage vendor set up according to W9 & W8-BEN forms received for firm’s annual 1099 reporting of vendors.
- Maintain the vendor & contract management system (VMS) for all vendors uploading required forms and documents for all new & existing vendors.
- Generate various reports for processing due invoices for payments via various methods -ACH/wires/credit cards/checks.
- Ensuring invoices are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to firm procedures.
- Processing & reviewing invoices for proper documentation, sales & use taxes, approvals and coding to the respective general ledger accounts and offices. Work closely with certain volume vendors, the billing attorneys and firm administration to reconcile vendor statements and determine status of outstanding invoices.
- Research and resolve accounts payable inquiries daily.
- Assist in uploading various monthly tax files into the accounting system.
- Assist in a timely month-end closing of accounts payable. Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance a plus with a minimum of experience 5 years’ experience.
- Strong academic and extracurricular/work record
- Detail oriented, critical thinker and strong analytical skills
- Ability to extract information from various sources using reporting tools (Access, SharePoint).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to detect and report data inconsistencies and out of balance data
- Effectively work individually or with groups
- Proficient with invoicing and vendor management software.
- Knowledge of determining imputed sales & use tax for out-of-state purchases.
- Resolve vendor discrepancies and address inquires.
- Maintain all accounts payable operations according to company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidence, exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.