SourcePro Search has a fantastic opportunity for a Legal Practice Assistant with strong litigation support experience for our client's New York office.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter who can multitask under time constraints with exceptional attention to detail, take initiative, think strategically and independently, and interact with all levels of the Firm.
The position requires excellent communication, organizational and computer skills for assisting attorneys in various practice groups, including real estate, corporate law, insurance defense and insurance coverage.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Make extensive travel arrangements Type, transcribe and revise all communications and legal documents including memoranda, correspondence, legal documents, charts and tables using various word processing software Proofread all work for both content and context In conjunction with Finance, maintain billing rates.
- Manage attorney phone calls, including receiving/screening calls and setting up conference calls Prepare and submit conflict checks and NBIs Open, organize, prepare and maintain client and office files both in electronic and paper filing systems.
- Maintain attorney’s agenda Use the Firm's docketing program.
- Enter all required scheduling and dates in the program Coordinate CLE training classes Process attorney weekly time summaries and expense reports and meet the weekly deadline for reporting such items to ensure that attorney records are processed in a timely manner.
- Monitor emails for both self and attorney being supported.
- Coordinate, schedule and docket/calendar meetings, court reporters, conference calls and client tasks.
- Maintain client contact lists for marketing events.
- Must have at least 2 years’ legal and/or executive secretarial experience.
- Extensive and thorough working knowledge of software applications as tools to complete assigned tasks, including, but not limited to iManage/DeskSite/WorkSite, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, InTapp, Big Hand, Docket Enterprise, DTE, ChromeRiver preferred.
- Proficient in advanced levels of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word and the use and application of Styles, Redlining, Adobe Pro and PDF Docs4. If not proficient, must be able to operate the Firm’s software applications on an advanced level within a reasonable period of time.
- Typing skills of 60+ w.p.m.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong Project management skills are required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to interact with clients, attorneys, and staff professionally.
- Experience with e-filing in both state and federal courts. Preferred e-filing experience in the state of New York jurisdiction.
- Assignments may change from time to time, and flexibility is essential.
- Legal Practice Assistants are expected to extend support and service to primary attorneys and any attorney within the Litigation practice and the office.
- Required to be in office at least 3 days per week.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required