SourcePro Search has a fantastic opportunity for a Litigation Paralegal, in Los Angeles.
The position will work within the client’s Commercial Litigation practice, assisting attorneys by preparing documents for production, preparing documents for filing in the California courts, filing documents in the California courts, proofreading and cite-checking briefs, drafting discovery, preparing, tracking and responding to subpoenas, organizing and/or maintaining case files, updating and maintaining databases, obtaining information from internal and external sources and performing other administrative tasks. Contacts are normally made with others inside and outside the firm including immediate partners, associates, members of other departments or other offices, clients and court personnel, and other professionals.
Contacts are usually made at the supervisor’s request and/or on individual initiative and concern matters requiring explanation, discussion, interpretation or approval.
Specific Skills Required:
- Organize eDiscovery and document collection and production and create timelines of these documents for attorney review
- Use firm operating systems to calendar relevant litigation and related deadlines for attorneys and firm employees
- Prepare, respond to, coordinate and propound written discovery
- Review and organize documents produced during discovery or otherwise
- Coordinate and communicate discovery and document issues with witnesses and clients
- Prepare case management statements, declarations, and other documentation to be filed with the Court under the supervision of attorneys
- Prepare binders, makes copies, enter data and maintain files, including for court hearings, client or case-related meetings, depositions, and trial File documents with the courts; provide judges with courtesy copies of documents.
- Research public records using public websites
- Provide general Internet research including pulling cases for Lexis and Westlaw as needed Index files for long-term storage
- Assist with preparing a variety of documents, forms, charts, letters, etc.
- Proofread and ensuring high quality of legal documents
- Perform database research and data entry
- Draft and track authorizations for the release of medical, financial, and/or business records
- Assist other paralegals and attorneys with mailings and filings
- Shepardize and cite-check citations in legal briefs and other filings.
- Provide support during trial as needed
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Assist with the general aspects of document productions (redacting, copying, Bates stamping)
- Create and maintain working files for attorneys
- Bachelor's Degree and Paralegal Certificate required
- Minimum 4+ years' experience as a litigation paralegal
- Must possess strong technical skills, including typing, and have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, iManage/FileSite and Elite Knowledge of Compulaw preferred but not required
- Substantial experience with electronic filing in the Superior Courts in California, especially in Los Angeles Superior Court, including familiarity with the California Rules of Court governing the lodging of documents under seal and the filing of public redacted versions of documents
- Substantial experience with electronic filing in U.S. District Court, especially in the Central and Northern Districts of California, including familiarity with Federal and Local Rules governing the electronic filing of documents under seal and the electronic filing of public redacted versions of documents
- Substantial experience with complex multiple filings and “staging” of documents and exhibits to prepare such filings for attorney approval and electronic filing
- Strong research, drafting, writing and verbal communication skills Interpersonal skills – the ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues
- Solid command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style
- Knowledge of library operations and records storage procedures for retrieving materials and files
- Familiarity with legal terminology pertinent to the area of assignment
- Enthusiastic, motivated, team player