SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a Paralegal to support the Fund Finance team within the Asset Management group of the Corporate practice to be based out of their New York office.
The paralegal will primarily assist with subscription document review duties for the Alternative Investments practice as described below and will interact directly with Asset Management group partners, special counsel and associates in New York, Washington, D.C. and London offices, as well as with clients.
They will administratively report to the paralegal manager of the Corporate practice.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Maintain spreadsheets that track investor data, perform reconciliation tasks and create closing files Prepare subscription agreements for credit facilities that are subject to attorney review.
- Paralegals are also responsible for tracking status/progress of the review before materials are sent to clients
- Direct communication with asset management clients (onboarding, sales and legal teams) on a daily basis
- Assist with document retrieval and assist with a wide range of projects/deliverables
- Maintain records of investment documents in various online databases
- Coordinate investor documents among Asset Management attorneys in the New York, Washington, D.C. and London offices
Skills and Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: Prior paralegal experience within financial services or a corporate legal setting is desirable.
- Organizational experience with database management or computer software such as Microsoft Office is a plus.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to effectively work and communicate with all levels of partners, attorneys, and staff.
- Must be able to keep information confidential.
- Requires effective written and verbal communication and strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments while working under pressure to meet important deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented; possess strong organizational skills, and a high degree of accuracy.