SourcePro Search has a fantastic hybrid opportunity for a Client Service Specialist I (Legal Secretary) with our top rated law firm client in their New York office to support their Corporate Department.
The Client Service Specialist I provides administrative client services to both internal and external clients.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Maintain a consistent physical presence required to facilitate an interactive and collaborative environment ensuring that assignments, cross-training, and peer level support are optimized to provide seamless support;
- Coordinate legal practice tasks and projects;
- Coordinate administrative functions and facilitate completion of tasks including such as finance/ billing-related tasks, time and expense entry, opening of new matters, client presentations, meetings and other administrative projects as assigned;
- Coordinate with and delegate to Firm resources including DPS, Williams Lea, Client Service Center, practice support or similar departments in International offices in the handling of tasks and projects;
- Prepare complex legal documents and correspondence;
- File with appropriate court or agency;
- Apply subject matter expertise in coordination of legal practice tasks and projects;
- Coordinate support through the Finance Department including: edit and review process of client bills; correct time entry and promotion of time entry best practices;
- Review and support of the client billing process to include: proofreading, application of task codes and matter management skills, coinciding math aptitude and skills to support rates, rate changes, write-offs, preparation of expense reporting and audits as required, maintenance and consistency with billing protocols and other accounting functions;
- Assist with the legal and administrative practices of attorneys and facilitate service levels that meet client requirements;
- Work overtime as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred);
- At least 2 years of legal secretarial experience or relevant legal experience (required);
- Corporate/Transactional experience (preferred);
- Law firm experience (preferred);
- Advanced ability to organize, prioritize, coordinate, delegate and work as part of a team;
- Advanced to Expert proficiency in rules of English grammar, spelling and punctuation; bilingual proficiency as may be required;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word and document editing/comparison applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook and web-based conference call/web-sharing applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS PowerPoint and presentation applications;
- Advanced knowledge of time keeping, expense processing and legal billing;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures;
- Advanced proficiency in document management applications;
- Proven ability to function as a coordinator with other firm-wide departments with necessary communication skills to transfer instructions/data, verify results, resolution of conflict and delivery or results;
- Excellent written and oral communications required with strong ability meet deadlines and provide results while supporting Firm policy and procedures.