SourcePro Search is conducting a search for an experienced Network Security Engineer to join our top rated client’s growing team.
This role offers a competitive base, excellent growth potential and a fantastic firm culture.
The ideal candidate will make things more secure by improving existing security measures and/or come up with new ones while providing a seamless experience to our end-users, support teams and MSSP. Qualified candidates will have a background in cybersecurity or network engineering.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Primary goal will be to work with stakeholders and Managed Security Service Provider to troubleshoot issues with firewall;
- Strong functional knowledge on VPN, zone/layer 7 firewall and routing and switching protocol;
- Assist with the design of Secure Architecture of the network;
- Integrate security tasks and activities into system development methodologies (e.g. planning, design, implementation, operations, maintenance, and disposal);
- Perform validation of security controls to ensure consistency with industry standard methodologies;
- Identify and verify security requirements are met throughout the process.
- Prepare and document secure system development standard operating procedures and protocols;
- Perform vendor technical solution acceptance verification and validation;
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks;
- Assess gaps in existing policy and propose amendments to existing policy or new policy to address these gaps;
- Participate in the development and implementation of enterprise-level technical standards and procedural directives and other guidance materials;
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further network security enhancement;
- Participates in the development, implementation and review of security controls for the network under their purview;
- Coordinates with Infrastructure owners to resolve security issues through system lifecycle;
- Provides guidance and support to self-testing, security control assessment, preparation of remediation plans, and development of continuous monitoring plans.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience (preferred); (At least 5 years of experience with cybersecurity or information assurance);
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (required);
- MS degree (preferred);
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of the network and critical assets using Network Firewalls alongside IPS/IDS;
- Experience in managing playbooks for security Automation and Orchestration using a XSOAR tool;
- Experience in managing policies for CASB using Palo Alto networks CASB;
- Experience in managing remote access solution and provide reports using Panorama and Splunk;
- Strong understanding of PKI infrastructure;
- Detailed technical knowledge of network, load balancers, DMZ, VMware from a security standpoint;
- Experience providing O&M and engineering support to complex, mission-critical systems; and
- Experience with network security, networking technologies, and network monitoring tools.