SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a highly skilled Senior IP Litigation Paralegal to join our top-rated law firm client's team in New York.
This opportunity offers a competitive base, bonus and excellent benefits/growth potential.
Qualified candidates will have law firm experience and a Bachelor's degree.
The ideal candidate will provide support by utilizing their expertise in legal procedures and litigation.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Assist attorney team with day-to-day management of litigations from pre-suit to appeals, including maintenance and organization of master case files;
- Assist attorney team with coordination of document collection of client data in preparation for review and production, including interacting with and management of third-party vendors;
- Assist attorney team with management and preparation of document productions, including working knowledge of Relativity, or the equivalent, for searching, data promotion and export and reporting;
- Assist team with cite-checking, Bluebooking, case law retrieval and other related tasks;
- Assist attorney team with in-depth deposition preparation, including in-person or remote technology, coordination of logistics and management of deposition materials;
- Assist attorney team with coordination, finalization and filing of briefs, and other court filings, including complaints, answers, pro hac vice applications, claim construction briefing, motions and supporting exhibits, and summary judgment briefing;
- Assist attorney team with preparation of materials in support of expert reports, including documents cited or relied on, exhibits, and lists of materials considered;
- Assist attorney team with preparation for trial including coordination of trial space and move-in, various third-party vendors, courtroom set-up and technology;
- Attend hearings, arbitrations and trial as first-chair paralegal and supervise junior paralegal team members;
- Assist attorney team with post-trial briefing and related documents;
- Assist attorney team with PTAB filings, including finalization of petitions and related materials;
- Assist attorney team with preparation and filing of appeal-related documents, including briefs and joint appendices;
- Assist attorney team with management and retrieval of patents, prior art, U.S. and international file histories;
- Perform work in an efficient and cost-effective manner so as to permit the Firm to reasonably collect fees for such work and meet expectations of billable hours target of 1,725 (unless otherwise specified);
- Review incoming case materials and prepare accurate case calendar materials/invites;
- Coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services;
- Work overtime and travel as required;
- and Handle additional projects as assigned.
- All paralegals must comply with continuing education requirements pursuant to the requirements of their jurisdiction.
- 7+ years of Litigation Paralegal experience (Intellectual Property Litigation experience required and Hatch-Waxman experience preferred);
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) and ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate (preferred);
- Advanced proficiency and understanding of the lifecycle of a litigation and working knowledge of key documents related to a litigation, especially in the area of patent litigation;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures, including knowledge of PTAB, federal and appellate court practices, local rules and deadlines;
- Proven experience as a first-chair trial paralegal in district court proceedings within the last 3 years;
- Proven experience managing an appeal from inception through oral argument;
- Fundamental proficiency in software including, but not limited to, Relativity, LiveNote, Case Notebook, PACER, ECF/P-TACTS, USPTO Patent Center, Docket Navigator/Alarm, file transfer platforms, Lexis Nexis/Westlaw;
- Advanced proficiency in general software including, but not limited to, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and Acrobat Adobe;
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to manage competing deadlines and assignments, including working with an attorney team on prioritization;
- The ability to troubleshoot, creatively problem solve and identify solutions;
- The ability to manage and supervise junior paralegals and case assistants, including delegation of assignments, follow-up, quality checking and providing constructive feedback; Fundamental knowledge of Firm and Intellectual Property Litigation practice-area-specific procedures and terminology;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures, including knowledge of federal court practices, local rules and deadlines;
- Advanced knowledge of litigation docketing calculations and deadline identification;
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to drive, if required;
- and Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.