SourcePro Search has a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Payable/Receivable/Trust Accountant with our top ranked large law firm client. This is a long term contract opportunity and will be based in the Newark office. This position supports various aspects of finance and accounting for the Firm. This opportunity offers a competitive rate, a great work environment and growth potential in a large firm environment.
The successful candidate will have 4-7 years of related experience, demonstrated experience in managing goals through collaboration and teamwork and strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and a 4-year Degree are also required.
- Open, sort and deliver all AP/AR mail;
- Complete daily AP and cash receipts report;
- Upload positive pay file to the bank for approved and processed checks;
- Review all incoming vendor statements to verify accuracy of all outstanding balances;
- Respond on a timely basis to all vendor calls and emails regarding payment status;
- Review and process incoming check requests and post information to the general ledger (Elite);
- Process and print the weekly check queue along with daily “rush” checks as requested by attorneys;
- Respond in a timely manner to attorney and secretarial requests regarding payment inquiries and supporting documentation;
- Process deposits on a daily basis, Generate a Pinnacle report and prepare the daily cash report;
- Initiate wire transfers for trust business accounts. Obtain and file appropriate supporting documentation for closing and other trust transactions;
- Post daily client payments in Elite. Identify and resolve any payments with missing information or discrepancies in amounts paid.
- Proven track record of academic and professional excellence
- 4-7 years of related experience
- Demonstrates skills and experience in managing goals through collaboration and teamwork and strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
- Advance Microsoft Excel skills are also required