SourcePro Search has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced KM/Client Value Attorney with our top ranked global law firm client. This role offers a high base, excellent growth potential and a fantastic firm culture. This role is fully remote and can be based from New York, New Jersey, Washington, DC, Texas, Ohio, California or Connecticut.
The Client Value team helps the firm improve overall profit margins and increase client value through delivery of information, tools, project management, process improvement and other methods. Its goal is to increase value to the Firm's clients by providing lawyers with simple access to firm-wide information, experience, and data, enabling lawyers to work more efficiently, and ensuring quality and consistency of work product. The Client Value Lawyer uses their legal background and expertise to advance these goals.
The Client Value Lawyer, PDF Americas, will be an experienced Project Finance lawyer, qualified in the U.S. who will help to develop, implement and maintain the Client Value Strategy for the Project Development & Finance (PDF) Americas practice group. This position reports directly to the Chief Knowledge & Client Value Officer and will work closely with the PDF Americas Practice Group Leader (PGL) to implement and execute relevant initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Work with PDF partners to identify and support execution of strategic priorities of the PDF practice.
- Perform ongoing resource gap analysis and establishment of priorities for the PDF group, which will involve meetings with PGLs, the Business Unit Director (BUD), Partners, Counsel, Associates and other Client Value Team members to identify and prioritize group needs, develop solution strategies and execute positive change.
- Develop, draft, maintain, update and collect knowledge resources, including the PDF Americas standard form precedents, handbook and checklists for associates and other best practice materials to enhance the efficiency of the PDF Americas practice.
- Maintain priorities for and support the profiling of historical PDF matters for business development, marketing and other analytical use. Support the organization, maintenance, and review of the centralized database for accessing this information.
- Maintain priorities for, identify, aggregate and organize key historical precedent, and improve accessibility to those resource materials on the PDF group's web page and other centralized sources, and serve as a resource to partners and associates on related issues.
- Maintain practice resources, including relevant legal updates, client materials and industry organization materials and brief the practice group on the same as needed.
- Collaborate on strategy and execution for maintaining the PDF training program with diverse curriculum and high value programs; assist with development, preparation and capture of internal training materials and client-facing presentations as required.
- Serve as a resource and coach for associates on transaction questions, drafting assignments, research assignments, regulatory developments, etc.
- Work closely with other PDF and Finance Group PSLs, KMAs and Client Value Lawyers to share best practices and coordinate efforts.
- Serve as a liaison connection between the Client Value Team, Business Development and the PDF practice group and business services units to spearhead other improvement projects that directly impact our lawyers.
- Attend and participate in meetings and conference calls related to PDF practice and Client Value Team (LPM, KM, Research, Conflicts, Legal Tech, etc.)
- Serve as the principal practice group resource for ongoing technology Client Value projects.
- Participate in testing, assessment, acquisition, implementation, training and building awareness around new research and legal tech tools to elevate lawyer efficiency.
- Partner with Client Value, Business Development and Marketing teams as needed on client research and analytics.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Highly professional with a strong customer service orientation, commitment to meeting deadlines, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Pragmatic, proactive, creative, flexible, highly collaborative and high “EQ” work style.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Experience, aptitude for and interest in the PDF area of law, as well as technology and integration issues.
- Strong understanding of legal processes and the ability to define solutions to support and improve those processes.
- Proven capacity for creative problem solving.
- Prior experience providing knowledge management support.
- Well-developed organizational, drafting and research skills.
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and speaking.
- Familiarity with PowerPoint and a willingness to be creative in preparing presentations and pitch materials.
- 5+ PQE of sound Project Finance legal experience at a large law firm or relevant in-house legal department.