SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a Senior Cost Accountant.
This position will be responsible for the cost accounting function for the Sarasota location of the firm. This includes inventory accounting, product costing for existing and new products, sales margin analysis and related month-end close accounting activity, as well as other projects as needed.
The collective goal in this position is to provide accurate financial information for management decisions, as well as fulfilling reporting and audit requirements (internal and external).
The Senior Cost Accountant will report to the Assistant Controller.
Education and Experience:
- Provide insight and analysis regarding factors influencing material margin and contribution margin, as well as gross margin and operating margin of the Sarasota operation
- Collaborate with the other members of the finance team in executing the monthly closing process and analysis of operational results
- Responsible for setting annual standard costs and labor rates
- Drive initiatives for continuous improvement of processes and documentation supporting inventory- and sales-related reconciliations and journal entries prepared during the monthly closing cycle
- Recommend and monitor benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance for the Sarasota operation.
- Analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results for business lines within the operation and various operational cost pools
- Support of financial and SOX audits particularly related to cost accounting areas of responsibility
- Assess cost accounting-related financial activities to ensure compliance with all regulations and accounting principles
- Assist in establishing and monitoring financial goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for Sarasota operations, including collaborating with the team responsible for inventory accuracy
- Other special projects and responsibilities as needed Required Skills/Abilities:
- Ability to contribute to and lead teams to produce quality deliverables within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial and operational reports, statements and projections and collaborate with the Operations team on opportunities for continuous and strategic improvement
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong collaborator and team player with a willingness and desire to build cross-functional relationships where subject matter expertise is required for business decisions
- Solution focused mindset with a flexible attitude and approach to achieving outcomes
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially MS Excel
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong cost accounting experience
- 3+ years proven accounting experience, CMA or CPA preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment, including product costing
- Experience with inventory accounting and reconciliation in a manufacturing environment for products with multi-level bill of materials
- Experience with design and maintenance of internal controls
- Knowledge of general accounting and cost accounting principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles Physical
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- This position may require occasional travel domestically which should be less than 5% of total time during a year.