SourcePro Search has a fantastic opportunity for a Manager, Diversity & Inclusion. Our client is a top ranked global law firm and this role will be based in the New York office.
This role offers a high base, excellent benefits and growth opportunities within a prominent law firm.
Under the direction of the Chief Diversity and Talent Strategy Officer (“CDO”), the Manager or Senior Manager, Diversity & Inclusion (Manager) will work inclusively with the firm’s legal and business services employees worldwide and leverage these relationships in support of the firm’s overall D&I strategy and business objectives.
The Manager will oversee and execute programs that foster an inclusive environment at the firm, and will work closely with the firm’s Inclusion Networks and other groups at the firm. The Manager will also work to enhance the firm’s external D&I profile and will play a significant role in preparing client and industry D&I survey submissions and will help to facilitate collaborations and partnerships with clients, alumni and various organizations that promote and support diversity and inclusion. The Manager must have a demonstrated interest in advancing diversity and inclusion at the firm across its global platform and in the legal profession and have a track record of being able to work effectively, and with a service leadership perspective, with internal firm stakeholders as well as external firm clients.
• Coordinate the firm’s response to external and internal surveys related to D&I, playing a key role in preparing and reviewing client and industry surveys and RFPs
• In collaboration with the HR Analytics & Reporting function, develop metrics that measure the effectiveness of, and promote success of D&I programs as well as identify program gaps
• Regularly analyze D&I metrics and present findings and recommendations for program changes, as appropriate, to the CDO and D&I Task Force
• Work collaboratively across all areas (professional development, recruiting, business development, marketing, etc.) to guide and inform employees on best practices for creating a diverse and inclusive work environment
• Provide support to the CDO, D&I Task Force and committees and inclusion networks firm-wide and help plan and implement important initiatives and programs
• Collaborate with the CDO to actively and effectively manage the D&I team, including recruitment, integration, coaching, feedback, conflict resolution and off-boarding as needed
• Oversee day-to-day operations of the firm’s D&I programs and activities, continuously prioritizing action items
• Collaborate with Inclusion Network leaders and members, to conceptualize and organize Inclusion Network and firm-wide events, providing thought leadership and programmatic support
• In collaboration with the HR Analytics & Reporting function, track and report on demographics, trends and statistics at the firm and in the legal industry
• Produce content for and maintain D&I communication materials, including intranet, website, brochures, etc.
• Represent the firm at external events, meetings and conferences related to D&I
• Act as a trusted resource for diverse individuals at the firm
• Keep abreast of latest trends in D&I in law firms and other industries
• Develop D&I presentations using PowerPoint, Tableau and other data analytics as needed
• Bachelor’s degree required, J.D. or other advanced degree welcome, but not required
• At least 5 years of experience in a management role focused on D&I, preferably at a law firm or an organization in the legal field
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to network and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve goals
• Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure in a dynamic, demanding environment, while maintaining a positive attitude and demeanor
• Excellent writer, editor and proofreader. Extremely detail-oriented, with high accuracy
• Creative and determined approach to problem-solving, with ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work, someone who can both lead teams and serve as a supportive team member
• Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to manage a project budget
• Hands-on knowledge of database management (content), website development and maintenance, as well as strong MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Workday, Tableau), and other Internet/Intranet applications
• Demonstrated experience with data analysis preferred, including the ability to present and report on data
• Strong knowledge of D&I efforts and best practices in the legal recruiting or professional services industry