Source Pro Search is conducting a search for a Firmware Engineer.
· US Citizen
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical, Computer, or Equivalent engineering
· 20 years of experience in Verilog or VHDL designs
· Ability to architect and partition high-speed DSP designs
· Experienced with the Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+
· Worked with the Xilinx IP cores including the latest (AXI, PCIe, Memory, IO Interface, and others)
· Understanding the device architectures and tradeoffs in implementing complex algorithms
· Image processing and Image compression experience (DFT, filtering, cropping, statistical sampling, etc.)
· Talented in generating engineering documentations (requirements, block diagrams, and ATPs)
· Aerospace experience is a plus (Focal Plane Electronics, Cryocooler Control Electronics, etc.)
· Familiar with Microsemi RTAX and ProASIC family is a plus
· Proficient in generating representations and representing the team in design reviews and technical meetings
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Interfacing with the customer and creating documents and presentation slides to support design and code review and technical meetings
· Working closely with a team of software, firmware, electrical, and systems engineers to ensure firmware implementations meet the product requirements
· Participating in all phases of FPGA design flow - from concept to mass production.
· Developing high-level design requirements and block-level micro-architectures, partition design within FPGA, and create specification documents with a strong emphasis on creating reusable and maintainable designs
· Optimizing designs for area, speed, and power to meet system requirements; analyze architectural trade-offs and use of off-the-shelf IP.
· Prototyping designs on FPGA, focusing on closely emulating the final product functionality
· Using scripting languages to achieve higher performance and improve productivity through automation