Source Pro Search is conducting a search for a VMS Avionics Engineer.
Our client is a transatlantic cutting-edge aerospace company developing solar-powered aircraft solutions capable of achieving perpetual flight with heavy and powerful payload capacity. Utilizing technology based upon the longest continuous renewable-powered flight program in history, this fast-growing startup is developing a new class of unmanned aircraft, providing the persistence of geosynchronous satellites with powerful sensing capabilities and the flexibility of a large, airborne platform.
· Responsible for the design, development, and integration of the assigned avionics
o Synthesize integration, validation and verification requirements into a requirement specification
o Identify the equipment and systems required to implement the functionality described in the requirements specification
o Create and maintain the technical baseline for the avionics including complete configuration control
o Design the integration and test approach and procedures for both the hardware in the loop laboratory as well as on the vehicle
o Generate all artifacts and reports required for certification of a CS-23 aircraft
· Bachelor’s Degree In Engineering or Related Field
· The Avionics Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and integration of the assigned avionics. That experience should include:
o Demonstrated experience in defining, planning, and developing complex systems level requirements to support avionic systems
o Performing systems level integration activities for aircraft avionic systems including: Control and Display Systems, Navigation Systems, Communication Systems, or Surveillance Systems.
o Interfacing with suppliers to ensure technical requirements were met to support aircraft development need dates.
o Providing technical assistance to production and customer service departments for support of system technical inquiries and issue resolution
o Performing system evaluation and analysis to verify the system design compliance with functional requirements
o Coordinating with cross-functional team members to complete assignments/projects as defined and on schedule
o Conducting system lab testing and aircraft functional testing
o Preparing presentations on avionics system design/development status. Supporting system analyses for avionic systems
o Experience working in hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) or system integration labs (SIL)
o Applied experience with hard real-time operating systems and embedded systems
· Master’s degree in Engineering or Related Field
· Proficiency in writing technical requirements, documentation, and reports involving test data and analysis
· Familiarity with avionics/electrical test laboratories and lab equipment
· Working knowledge of system qualification requirements including DO-160F/G for environmental, DO-178B/C for software, and DO-254 for complex electronic hardware.
· Familiarity with SAE ARP 4754a and ARP 4761
· Ability to manage and complete complex work assignments
· Ability to work independently and within a multi-functional team environment
· Ability to support production and customer service to troubleshoot and recommend solutions to aircraft issues
· Experience in analog to digital and digital to analog converters, power supply components, analog testing/troubleshooting techniques, and signal integrity, layout and grounding principles
· Broad understanding of instrumentation, interfaces and sensors including data acquisition, Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, Discrete I/O, General Purpose I/O, RS-422, RS-232, ARINC-429, CANBus, switch technologies and topologies, accelerometers, Resistive Temperature Detectors (RTDs), and thermocouples
· Intermediate programming capability in C/C++ and/or Python
Preferred Tools / Process Experience
· 3D experience PLM
· Polarion ALM
· Catia V5
· Python and/or
· C/C++ and/or Python
· Mechanical Engineer
· Electronics Engineer
· Electrical Engineer
· Computer Engineer
· Hardware / Software Integration
Please only post if you are a US Citizen only. (Green Card valid too)
Health insurance: We offer health insurance to all FTEs, which can include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
Paid time off: This includes vacation time, sick leave, and personal days.
Flexible schedules: we offer flexible schedules; we help employees achieve a better work-life balance.
Professional development opportunities: we may offer training, educational opportunities, or tuition reimbursement programs to help employees develop their skills and advance their careers.
Stock options: all FTEs after one year of seniority may have the opportunity to receive options as part of their compensation package.
Bonuses: we offer bonuses or other forms of performance-based compensation to reward employees for their hard work and achievements.