Source Pro Search is conducting a search for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer.
Our Client is looking for motivated, process-oriented, and creative software engineers to join the embedded software team and develop safety-critical code for the UAV and ground station. The job includes full lifecycle development following DO-178C objectives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Software is developed with model-based software tools, and experience with SCADE Suite is preferred.
The responsibilities include:
· Responsible for writing code for UAS command and control
· Responsible for writing code to interface with modems/radios onboard the aircraft and within the control system
· Responsible for writing code to interface with payloads onboard our clients UAS
· Work independently to understand all interface requirements for modems/radios/payloads and write the low-level code to remotely manage these systems
· Work with other team members to define the overall aircraft networking architecture, communications protocol, and equipment requirements
· Developing safety-critical and mission-critical software using SCADE
· Decomposing and deriving software requirements that address safety, security, and performance in addition to baseline functional requirements
· Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to design efficient, safe code
· Documenting the software design
· Support software test and systems engineering in reviewing and updating the design
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a similar field with 10+ years
· Demonstrated history in the design, prototyping, and testing of high reliability software with 10+ years of experience
· Experience in the design of flight Critical Software Architectures
· Master's Degree or PhD in Software Engineering or a related field
· 5+ years of experience in aerospace, automotive, railway, or defense industries in embedded software development
· Knowledge of MIL-STD software development
· Experience in development under ARP-4754, DO-254, DO-178
· Extensive Experience in C/C++
· Extensive Experience with SCADE
· SCADE Architect/Studio
· SCADE Suite
Please only post if you are a US Citizen only. (Green Card valid too)
Also, please do not have more than one job application; rather, apply to one position and refer to other positions that you are interested in, in the NOTES section.
Since BambooHR is a 3rd party software, please always check your spam folder for our responses.
Health insurance: We offer health insurance to all FTEs, which can include medical, dental, and vision coverage.
Paid time off: This includes vacation time, sick leave, and personal days.
Flexible schedules: we offer flexible schedules; we help employees achieve a better work-life balance.
Professional development opportunities: we may offer training, educational opportunities, or tuition reimbursement programs to help employees develop their skills and advance their careers.
Stock options: All FTEs after one year of seniority may have the opportunity to receive options as part of their compensation package.
Bonuses: we offer bonuses or other forms of performance-based compensation to reward employees for their hard work and achievements.