Source Pro Search is conducting a search for a Structural Engineer in Charleston, SC.
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER - Charleston, SC
Our client is looking for a highly motivated structural engineer to join a dynamic team of individuals in their Charleston office. This is an opportunity for an Entry to Mid-Level Structural Engineer to join a respected, professional team of engineering and environmental scientists in a mentoring and collaborative environment.
My client is a well-respected environmental and civil engineering firm utilized by America’s top companies and government organizations to provide services and expertise to help them solve the complex challenges that impact industry and communities. They have a commitment to getting the job done right. They have been around for more than 40 years and believe in doing the best for their clients as well as being good stewards of our environment and natural resources. They offer a unique breadth of environmental consulting, emissions testing, engineering, and surveying services. They provide Structural engineering services for state, federal, municipal, and private clients. investigation, repair, and rehabilitation of existing structures, including industrial, waterfront, commercial, residential, and specialty structures.
This opportunity also comes with all the benefits you would expect at a solid career-focused firm and better!
· Strong core values that promote respect, integrity, and innovation
· Friendly collaborative atmosphere – everyone works to contribute to the success and growth of the company and each other. All for one and one for all!
· Involved management – working side by side with the staff
· Opportunities for growth and development – this company believes in mentoring and developing their employees, including covering costs related to continuing education.
· Successful, profitable company with growth and opportunities for development and professional growth.
· Challenging projects and a full pipeline of work
· Work/Life balance, they are family-friendly, and their low turnover rate reflects this as well as their strong compensation and benefits plan
· Potential for Year End Bonus – (standard bonus has been paid out at 100% since 2011)
· Bonus for individual accomplishments such as earning EIT, PE, PLS, or any other professional license.
· Monthly Hero Recognition program with a special bonus for those recognized
· Medical, dental, vision insurance
· Life insurance plans, including Accidental and Critical Illness plans available
· Company-paid short and long-term disability insurance
· 401k with company match
· Gym membership reimbursement
· Paid time off and holiday leave
· …and more!
YOUR ROLE WITH THE COMPANY
· Perform project work under the supervision of a Senior Engineer.
· Perform condition assessments and structural inspections. Document observations in a thorough, legible, and methodical manner. Prepare reports, which include photo documentation that summarizes site observations. Inspections will include buildings, waterfront facilities, municipal infrastructure, bridges, and special structures.
· Perform structural analysis and design for rehabilitation and strengthening of existing facilities and new design of industrial and municipal structures.
· Perform construction oversight and field documentation.
· Coordinate design efforts with various other professional disciplines including site/civil, geotechnical, surveying, hydrogeological, and environmental.
THE RIGHT FIT FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
BS in Civil Engineering (Mechanical will be considered based on work experience)
2+ years’ experience with structural engineering
Construction management experience and knowledge of surveying principals are a plus
Ability to obtain PE Licensure within 4 years
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Word, and Excel experience required
Client is unable to provide sponsorship now or in the future
Relocation available for non-local candidates
No sponsorships available