Source Pro Search is conducting a search for a Project Manager in Commercial Construction based in Columbia, SC.
Project Manager / Commercial Construction
Award-winning, full-service Construction Management Company that has been in business for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Columbia, SC, with service areas throughout SC, NC, and Ga, they have a stellar reputation and company culture to match. Their scope of work includes K-12, Higher Education, Hospitality, Office, Retail, Faith Based, Historic Renovation, and Industrial.
· Mid-sized company with almost 100 employees
· Majority of the Work is in South Carolina
· Solid Pipeline of work and history of continued growth since 1986
· Safety record is one of the best in the industry
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
This company values and appreciates their employees, and this opportunity comes with all the benefits that you would expect at a solid career-focused firm and better.
· Opportunity to work for one of the most respected Commercial Construction Companies in the SE
· Committed to investing in their employees’ growth and training
· Company hires for the long term and can boast a team with longevity and experience
· Medical insurance and company-paid Dental and Vision Programs
· Life and AD&D coverage paid by the company
· 401k with company matching
· Profit Sharing
· Merit-Based Bonuses
· Company Vehicle
· Per diem and Accommodations when traveling
· Paid vacation and holidays
· Relocation Available
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The Project Manager is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. Additionally, this position has responsibilities that will span a broad spectrum, including Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management. The Project Manager prepares status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications. Strong interpersonal and communication skills will be essential since the Project Manager will work closely with Project Owners, Vendors, Subcontractors, Superintendents, Project Estimators, and Accounting.
· Manage all aspects of the project during the construction phase, including contractual, planning, and budget management.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the project owners, architects, engineers, clients, and others to ensure overall client satisfaction; initiate and maintain liaison with client/owner/and A/E contracts to facilitate construction activities
· Lead and manage various project teams, including superintendents, project coordinators, subcontractors, and others to ensure all work is completed on time, within budget, and in accordance with development and contract agreements
· Prepare and submit weekly progress reports, including photos; prepare for and attend weekly conference calls
· Coordinate and obtain necessary permits required for the commencement of construction, review design documents for conflicts and completeness, and participate in developing/negotiating contract agreements with clients
· Manage and administer the Construction Phase of the project, including reviewing, analyzing, and executing Bid Analysis; monitor submittal review and process, and monitor Request for Information review and process.
· Monitor contractor performance; ensure adherence to terms and conditions of agreements
· Review bid documents and assist with bidder solicitation activities
· 5 yrs. or more project management experience in commercial construction; a degree in construction management, business administration, or similar is desirable but not required
· Ability to read and understand contracts, plans, and specs
· Ability to understand, reconcile, review AIA requisitions, project budget, and schedules
· Due to significant electronic reporting, tech-savvy is critical
· Proficiency with MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills
· Familiarity with Timberline and Procore is a plus
· Excellent Time Management Skills
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE DESIRE, ABILITY, AND AMBITION TO SUCCEED WITH EACH PROJECT!