SourcePro Search has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer with 8+ years experience, who is a dynamic problem solver and critical project contributor in a technically evolving environment.
This role is based in New York and offers a competitive base and excellent benefits and culture.
The ideal candidate will be a senior level generalist on a team of senior systems engineers and is an expert in core infrastructure technologies including networking, storage, compute, messaging and mobility systems, database systems, cloud-based services, and operational security.
The Senior Systems Engineer develops, implements and maintains expert technical solutions for all new and existing systems.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Design, implement and manage Firm systems including networks, storage, MSSQL, Exchange, physical and virtual servers, Active Directory and Group Policy, Certificate Services, authentication systems, and remote access and mobility systems;
- Administer and support cloud-based systems and related services (e.g Azure, Office365);
- Oversee and ensure the optimal performance of systems; Perform frequent and long-term maintenance in addition to management of user facing tasks using established and evolving IT Service Management best practices;
- Provide expert escalated technical support and IT internal mentoring for network and system operations across the Firm;
- Prepare and distribute technical documentation for all assigned systems and projects involving processes, procedures, troubleshooting guides, training and change management logs;
- Establish and maintain relationships with IT external customers, vendors and partners;
- Work overtime, on-call and/or non-standard hours, and travel as required; and
- Handle additional related projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degrees in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field (preferred); and
- At least 8 years of technical experience (preferred); At least 5 years’ building and supporting complex network operating systems and advanced networks (required).
- Cisco network certifications (CCNA,CCNP), or equivalent;
- Microsoft system certifications (MCP,MCSE), or equivalent;
- NetApp data management certifications (NCDA) or VAST Data equivalent;
- Extensive experience with ITIL based IT Service Management procedures (ServiceNow preferred platform);
- Expert proficiency in design and implementation of IT infrastructure systems in large scale Microsoft Windows-based enterprise environments;
- Expert proficiency in Active Directory design, support and administration with a focus on least privilege and tiered security models;
- Expert proficiency in IP networks (LAN/WAN, SD-WAN, MPLS, VPN, VLAN, WiFi) design, engineering and management;
- Expert proficiency in network and storage design and maintenance (SAN - Storage Area Network, NAS - Network Attached Storage) using vSAN and VAST Data technologies;
- Expert proficiency in a variety of systems, servers and protocols (Cisco, Citrix, VMware/VCF/vSAN, TCP/IP, DNS, Active Directory);
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft OfficeSuite;
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell; and
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise backup software.