SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a Staff Electrical Engineer with a well-rounded electrical engineering background and demonstrated success in fast-paced and innovative start-up settings. You will be a key contributor in the electrical development of our portable EV chargers. Being successful in this role means that you are a strong technical contributor, and can work autonomously, The position is fully in-office.
Our client is a fast-growing cleantech start-up that is reducing barriers to Electric Vehicle (EV) adoption. We design, manufacture, and sell portable, Level 3 charging systems for EVs. We also provide “Mobile Charging-as-a-Service” (MCaaS) through our “ Currently” network, which allows EV owners and businesses to schedule an EV charge delivery to wherever their vehicle is located. Be a part of the clean energy solution.
● Help establish and document electrical requirements for each development project.
● Participate in all stages of electrical development, design reviews, test plans, hardware validation and debug.
● Test and validate PCB designs.
● Practice electrical engineering best practices towards all stages of hardware development.
● Own PCB design schematic capture and layout from concept to product launch.
● Debug both low power and high-power circuitry.
● Run circuit simulations to qualify preliminary designs.
● Drive cost down exercises on product BOMs to ready products for mass production.
● Minimum of BS degree in Electrical engineering, MS a plus.
● At least 3 years of full-time work experience in electronic hardware development. High power or EV hardware development experience a plus.
● Experience in all stages of hardware product development from product inception to product launch.
● Fluency in circuit schematic capture and PCB layout software like Altium.
● Experience with electrical circuit modeling and simulation software, like Psim.
● Experience using EE tools like oscilloscopes, DMMs, power meters, function generators, etc.
● Experience designing electrical hardware to UL safety regulations.
● Experience driving electrical hardware cost-down exercises to ready designs for mass production.
● Proven success in designing for radiated emissions/FCC compliance.
Additional “Plus” Experiences Include:
● Experience specifying and developing IOT systems.
● High frequency/differential signal layout experience.
● High power layout experience.
● Python, MATLab, C/C++
We are a fast-moving, young start-up building a culture based on our values of togetherness, ownership, passion, resilience and respect. This position qualifies for unlimited PTO. The Company pays over 90% of health insurance premiums for employees. We offer FSA savings and 401(k) plans. Compensation will be based on the candidate’s ability to quickly add value to our client
They offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. Our client believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.