SourcePro Search is conducting a search for an experienced Desktop IT Manager for a large global law firm to be based in New York.
The IT department is responsible for providing world class support and services to our business all across the globe. Through effective leadership, communication and delegation the ideal candidate will ensure the delivery of first-class support to the team. This includes addressing customer incidents and requests in a timely manner, making sure all requests and incidents are logged in the ticketing system and all the responsibilities of the Deskside team are performed to a high level of detail.
What You'll Do:
· Proven management and leadership skills that include but are not limited to:
· Ability to mentor and motivate both a local and a remote team.
· Write and deliver annual reviews.
· Identify and ensure the delivery of all the teams agreed development.
· Manage performance and provide coaching when necessary.
· Provide reports and metrics for Infrastructure & Operations Senior Manager.
· Participate in Weekly and monthly IT meetings.
· Act as point of contact for all Deskside related items.
· Manage resources so the offices have appropriate Deskside coverage during support hours and projects are delivered on time.
· Own the Deskside policy and procedure manual and ensure the team work to it.
· Own all desktop related issues and provide regular updates on VIP and chronic issues.
· Ensure the Americas team fulfil their responsibilities which includes:
· Mobile Device (iPhone, iPad & Personal Hotspots) support.
· 2nd line Telephony support including moves, adds and changes.
· Hardware provisioning and decommissioning which includes the build and test of Laptops and Printers.
· Manage inventory within the CMDB.
· Delivery of projects and task on time and within budget.
· Monthly floor-walking occurs and is recorded.
· Liaising with 3rd part provider for printer issues.
· Ensure calls are assigned quickly to the Deskside team and they resolve all issues and requests promptly to the customer’s satisfaction.
· Ensure all issues and tasks are logged within the ticketing system.
· Work closely with US Service Desk Manager to ensure speedy resolution to customer issues outside of the Deskside team’s remit.
· Work closely with other teams within the Americas offices on projects, attorney rotation and event coordination.
· Ensuring the US is represented in all forums and groups that pertain to the team to ensure the Americas point of view is considered and items and issued are prioritized accordingly.
· The role holder is expected to consider Information Security in all aspects of their role.
· Develops and maintains successful internal and external business relationships (at Manager level), in order to understand existing and emerging business needs.
• Works closely with IT Training and IT Projects within the Americas.
• Works closely coordinated with the US IT Administrator to manage Joiners, Changers and Leavers.
• Works with Technical Team Managers (within the IT Technology Services management teams), Senior Managers, and Specialists to ensure a seamless approach to support and improvement across applications.
• Develops and maintains successful internal and external business relationships (at Manager level), in order to understand existing and emerging business needs.
· Diagnose complex incidents/problems and identify root cause and actions required to maintain or improve service levels.
· Define and deliver continuous improvement programs so that, where applicable, systems deliver improved performance to the business:
· Enhancements and improvements to services should be delivered by the appropriate governance authority.
· Instill a culture of continual improvement and problem solving; and
· Provide advice, assistance and leadership associated with the planning, design and improvement of service and component availability, including the investigation of all breaches of availability targets and service non-availability, with the instigation of remedial activities.
• Embed risk awareness and management into the technical decision making to support firm’s approach to risk, with a focus on stability and integrity of systems.
• Refer to domain experts for guidance on specialized areas of risk, such as architecture and environment.
• Maintain a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how the organization sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resources.
What You'll Bring:
• Degree qualified – preferred.
• Accreditation in relevant technologies – preferred.
• ITIL certification a plus.
• At least 5 years proven management and leadership skills in a corporate environment.
• At least 8 years IT experience in desktop support or similar role.
• Proven experience resolving complex hardware, software and networking challenges related to laptops, workstations and printers.
• Extensive IT experience with desktop support technologies such as Configuration Manager and InTune.
• Experience managing and troubleshooting mobile devices, primarily iPad and iPhone and their MDM platform.
• Detailed practical knowledge of the operation and maintenance of IT services within a Microsoft technology environment.
• Knowledge of IT market and trends
• Using and troubleshooting knowledge of the MS Office suite and Adobe Acrobat