SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a experienced Senior Accountant II. The ideal candidate will plan and direct the accounting activities of the Finance & Accounting department.
What You'll Do:
- Leads the financial close process, including preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial statements and ensures that the reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for month-end close tasks including review and approval of journal entries, account analysis, and reconciliations including intercompany transactions.
- Conducts comprehensive financial analyses to identify specific causes of variances between year-to-date budget and year-to-date actuals; provides insightful reports to senior management.
- Collaborates with finance team to monitor cash flow and provide recommendations for investment decisions of excess cash.
- Provides guidance to the accounting team with the ability to answer accounting and financial questions by interpreting data and communicating financial information.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop annual budgets, forecasts, and financial plans.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for independent auditors and facilitates/coordinates the audit fieldwork to ensure all information is provided and deadlines are met.
- Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual corporate tax return for multiple entities.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Assists with the coordination of Audit Committee agendas and actively participates in all quarterly committee meetings.
- Assists with board strategic initiatives involving accounting, financial reporting and tax planning.
- Maintains and evaluates current accounting practices and policies to minimize risk while ensuring continuous improvement that will meet current and future requirements.