We are conducting a search for a Legal Assistant/Secretary for a well-known law firm in Hackensack, NJ.
What You’ll Do:
The Legal Assistant/Secretary reports to three attorneys and is a vital part of the Banking/Real Estate Team.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and other related software, and exceptional organizational skills. Responsibilities include assisting attorneys (and other staff as needed), corresponding and communicating with clients, sorting and maintaining files and schedules, and managing all incoming and outgoing information related to a matter. An ability to work with little supervision and to prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient and detail-oriented manner is essential.
What You’ll Bring:
· High School diploma, college degree, preferred
· 5+ years of commercial banking and/residential real estate experience
· 5+ years law firm experience
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Ability to transcribe from dictation
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to communicate with clients and title companies
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills