SourcePro Search has a fantastic opportunity for a talented and ambitious Litigation Paralegal to join our highly regarded law firm client in their New York office.
The role offers a competitive base salary, exceptional prospects for career advancement, and a vibrant firm culture. Please note that this is an on-site position.
The ideal candidate will provide legal assistance and support the Litigation Attorneys in their everyday activity for their New York Office.
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes and files and assist in e-discovery;
- Review and organize document productions for responsiveness, applying necessary redactions, and finalizing for production;
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices;
- Trial and deposition assistance;
- Aid attorneys with interrogatories, requests for production, and requests for admissions and other discovery;
- Draft pleadings, motions, subpoenas and appellate documents;
- Research, shepardize and cite check caselaw, statutes, etc., for briefs, appeals, etc.;
- Conduct investigations and case assessments;
- Experience with state and federal court filing, document retrieval, rules and procedures;
- File and retrieve pleadings manually and electronically;
- Knowledge and competence in calendaring systems, electronic filing in state and federal courts, and web-based research skills;
- Occasional trips to courts to file, retrieve and delivery courtesy copies of documents (trips to court on emergent basis);
- Ability to extract, calculate, enter, and update due dates, case and docket information on CompuLaw database;
- Monitor cases and conduct research on litigants, as well as coordinate with outside vendors to obtain publicly filed documents;
- Draft client update reports; and Perform administrative duties, organize case files, manage logistics, etc.
- 1-2 years of experience as a litigation paralegal;
- Knowledge of New York court rules and procedures on both state and federal levels are a must;
- Working knowledge of the CPLR and FRCP;
- Must be comfortable working with a large volume of PDF documents;
- Extraordinary attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and complete a high volume of work in a timely manner;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while consistently delivering quality work product to both attorneys and clients;
- Proven experience performing under pressure in a fast paced environment, both individually and within a team setting;
- Flexibility to occasionally arrive early or stay late as necessary;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Outlook, Excel, Lexis and iManage Document Management System.
- Education: Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate required.