View all jobs
Software Applications Engineer- Annapolis, MDAnnapolis, MD
SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a Software Applications Engineer, in Annapolis, MD.
- Performs highly complex systems modeling, simulation and analysis to provide appropriate solution.
- Conducts investigations and tests of complex software systems to enhance performance or to investigate and resolve matters of significance.
- Reviews completion and implementation of technical products to ensure success and timeliness.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of more complex projects.
- Recommends corrections in complex technical applications and analysis to enhance performance.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities on projects to provide required products or services.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical consultation to other organizations; interacts with senior customer personnel and internal senior management.
- Provides the customer base with first level support.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Must have a solid background in UNIX programming, TCP/IP networking, and database replication.
- Knowledge of MySQL and query optimization.
- Apache, Squid, Redhat Linux knowledge a plus.
- Must have experience running high-traffic web services, including requirements and capacity analysis, service configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting, and change management.
- Must have demonstrable diagnostic and problem solving skills to ensure an optimal development environment.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills diagnosing performance issues and handling large scale systems.
- Must be able to respond to tier 2+ support calls during and outside of normal business hours and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Six or more years of experience in software engineering or operating systems programming
- Experience working with software design principles
- Active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph clearance and to maintain the clearance is required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills to resolve highly complex software design issues and create new software for one or more products
- Good leadership skills to mentor, oversee, and lead team members
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with senior customers, management, and team members
- Good communication skills to interact with team members and senior support personnel
- Ability to synthesize broad and narrow concepts of high complexity and use them to meet company objectives
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team