SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a Paralegal Manager who will be responsible for the oversight and management of all assigned members of the Paralegal Department.
What You'll Do:
• Manage all members of the Paralegal Department ensuring compliance with both Firm and department policies and best practices.
• Monitor attendance and approve timesheets and time entry; ensuring consistency and alignment with both billable and non-billable hours.
• Manage all aspects of the hiring process, ensuring candidate selection meets both administrative and legal department standards.
• Manage the life-cycle of professional development and training for all members of the Paralegal department
• Maintain strong relationships with Practice Group Leaders and others within the practice group to ensure client/matter teams are adequately and consistently supported.
• Manage all aspects of performance management, including performance evaluations, timely feedback, and issuance and monitoring of all corrective disciplinary action.
• Manage onboarding, orientation, and training for all new hires within the Paralegal Department.
• Assist members of the Paralegal Department with low billable hours to find billable work.
• Fill Attorney Assignments.
• Monitor updates related to up-to-date Paralegal regulations, including court and administrative rules, and communicates as needed to members of the department.
• Manage routine processes and procedures and makes recommendations for process improvement.
• Maintain Paralegal Department Manual.
What You'll bring:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum five years of paralegal, relevant legal support, or equivalent experience in a law firm or legal services environment required.
• Minimum four years in a supervisory or management capacity.
• Large law firm experience is preferred.
• Effective organizational and interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of colleagues, leaders, stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple requests and competing deadlines while effectively managing ongoing duties/responsibilities.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of State and Federal court Rules.
• High level working knowledge of the process and procedures in each of firm’s Practice Areas.
• Ability to synthesize complex and diverse information.
• Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs.