SourcePro Search has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager with our top rated law firm client in their New York office.
The ideal candidate will support the overall business development and marketing efforts of the Firm by helping to create and execute strategic activities related specifically to the Energy and Infrastructure practice across multiple markets, clients, and geographies.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Support the Energy and Infrastructure’s key client efforts and work with stakeholders on the development and execution of meaningful strategic business development and marketing initiatives;
- Develop strategic business development and marketing plans including goals, action items, and deadlines.
- Advise and collaborate with partners, the Business Development, Marketing, and Communications teams, as well as other internal stakeholders in the development and execution of these plans;
- Draft and prepare thoughtful written proposals, pitches, and other communications to clients, prospective clients, and related third party organizations;
- Drive content-driven campaign strategy designed to generate new business opportunities;
- Collaborate with the global business development team on the identification and pursuit of cross-selling initiatives, in addition to other internal stakeholders on the development and execution of business development and marketing plans;
- Collaborate and assist the Latin America Working Group with Business Development strategy and branding;
- Gather intelligence on legal industry trends to provide an overview of the competitive landscape and explore opportunities;
- Support the practice's key client efforts and work with colleagues on best practice to ensure the identification, development, and growth of high-value services to key clients;
- Plan and oversee seminars, events, and other targeted marketing activities related to the Energy and Infrastructure practice;
- Work with the Business Development Digital Marketing and Social Media teams in driving content-driven campaign strategy designed to generate new business opportunities;
- and Help practice group leaders manage relevant business development budgets;
- Collaborate with PR & Communications on way to increase the practice and lawyers profile with the media;
- Travel as needed to support initiatives and participate in activities;
- Act as a lead on additional related projects within the Department or Firm as assigned;
- and Support all profile raising efforts for the Energy and Infrastructure team, including writing annual director and award nominations and writing and maintaining current content on Firm website.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing, law or business (strongly preferred);
- At least 7 years of marketing professional experience (required);
- Experience supporting Energy and Infrastructure practice group (required);
- Management experience in a corporate law firm setting or relevant industry setting is a plus;
- and Experience in relevant practice area(s)/geographies or industries (preferred).
- Proficiencies: Knowledge of technologies, developments, trends and literature related to legal and professional services marketing fields;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, document management, and CRM systems;
- Expert proficiency in oral and written communications with strong editing, proofreading, grammar and research skills, along with the ability to turn data into useful deliverables;
- Solid understanding of the needs and expectations of law firm operations and corporate legal clients in order to function at a strategic level;
- Advanced knowledge of marketing principles, procedures, concepts and practical applications;
- Fundamental knowledge of networking and relationship management;
- Proficiency in team building, management, and leadership skills;
- and Knowledge of the needs and expectations of law firm operations, partners, and clients.