SourcePro Search is conducting a search for an experienced Trusts & Estates Paralegal for a top ranked law firm to be based out of their Los Angeles office.
The Trusts & Estates Paralegal will be responsible for managing a heavy caseload, working in all phases of estate planning.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Prepare drafts for estate planning, probate, trust administration
- Manage estate planning and administration matters from inception to completion
- Filing of necessary documents with the court Draft estate documents such as wills, trusts, assignments, deeds, etc.
- Research title to real properties
- Prepare court documents for probate and trust matters
- Preparation of probate documents for the administration of an estate
- Administer probate and trust cases including preparation of trust administration documents i.e.
- Trust administration letter, affidavits, consents, real property transfer documents, etc.
- Prepare and review accounting for probate and estate matters
- Obtaining necessary information for tax preparation of estate and trust
- Prepare estate tax returns
- Research charitable status of named beneficiaries
- Prepare and arrange for revisions of departmental forms
- Maintain department referral and estates lists
- Maintain attorney information lists Assist in associate and other personnel training
- Prepare agendas for monthly meetings
- Coordinate client development events for internal team
- Contact regulatory bodies, clients, and court as needed
- Required Qualifications: 5+ years of paralegal experience in a Trusts & Estates Practice Group at a mid-large law firm.
- Additional qualifications include excellent analytical and organizational abilities, solid communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, strong computer abilities and initiative.
- Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree License and Certification Required: ABA Approved Paralegal Certificate
- Preferred: Certification in Estate Planning Computer/Software Knowledge
- Required: Proficiency in Windows 10 and Microsoft Suite, experience with document management system, proficient with Adobe Acrobat Preferred: NetDocs; BNA Forms.