SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a Paralegal in a prominent plaintiffs’ law firm specializing in plaintiffs’ securities class actions and corporate governance.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience for immediate hire.
- Hours are 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Must be flexible with overtime. Remote Fridays.
- Provide high quality paralegal support to attorneys.
- Prepare and complete various state and federal court filings.
- Edit and proofread correspondence and legal documents for content, grammar, spelling, and formatting.
- Ability to create and edit legal pleadings, including but not limited to developing table of contents/table of authorities, PDF to Word conversions with quality-control-checking and applying firm styles/formatting,
- Blue Book citation procedure.
- Legal research using Bloomberg Law, Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER, and SEC EDGAR.
- Case initiations in various federal and state courts: filing and service.
- Draft attorney appearances, including motions to appear pro hac vice in various federal and state courts.
- Check and apply courts’ local rules and judges’ individual rules to daily preparation and filing of legal pleadings.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a very fast paced environment
- The ideal candidate exhibits independent thinking and can utilize creative problem-solving skills to generate results.