SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a Litigation Paralegal for a premiere national plaintiff’s law firm in their Bay Area/Emeryville, CA Office.
The firm focuses exclusively mass torts and toxic tort litigation with offices across the country and rapidly growing teams.
This role will support attorneys and their teams by performing client meetings, legal drafting, and other relevant legal activities in preparation for trials.
Our client is looking for a driven, detail-oriented person for this on-site position.
What You'll Do:
- A comprehensive benefits package including: Paid time off, Paid holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, as well as Paid Parking.
- In addition, we also offer a 401(k) program and short and long term disability insurance.
What You'll Bring:
- Assist attorneys in all phases of litigation from onset through trial;
- Draft pleadings, correspondence, authorizations, interrogatories, transmittal letters, and other legal documents;
- File summonses and complaints, and work with vendors to effectuate service;
- Prepare discovery requests and responses;
- Coordinate and schedule depositions;
- Track and monitor client files, calendars, and provide status updates;
- Perform extensive internal and on-line legal research (court rules and procedures);
- Assist with trial preparation, including trial binders, exhibits, coordinate with experts, opposing counsel, and court staff.
- 3+ years of experience, preferably with product liability or plaintiffs experience
- Paralegal degree or certificate is a plus
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment (time and content sensitive deadlines);
- Highly organized;
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team to establish and foster working relationships with litigation attorneys, investigators, paralegals, and legal assistants.