SourcePro Search is conducting a search for an Engineering Supervisor, in Mississauga, Canada.
The Engineering Supervisor will oversee, supervise, and lead a Team of Design Engineers and their day-to-day activities to maintain high quality and productive flow.
Emphasis on team continuous improvement activities, lean initiatives, and order flow scheduling.
Guides and monitors the group toward its goals, ensures employee’s productivity, resolves problems, has authority to change work roles and work distribution.
- Responsible for day-to-day performance of a group of 5 or more Engineers
- Develop team members through coaching and mentoring
- Supervise the Design Engineering Team to create and design made-to-order electrical power products by integrating existing switch modules and new mechanical and electrical components
- Promotes and leads team continuous improvement activities and lean initiatives for both mechanical and electrical teams, as identified through daily management and problem-solving activities
- Track and report team metrics for both mechanical and electrical
- Manage team scheduling and order flow throughput improvement activities, along with overall sales order status. Manage team workload and issues
- Define processes, select materials, and provide analysis in the improvement or application of new or existing products and processes
- Prepare written documentation of processes, material requirements, test results and project activity as required
- Review and understand design requirements of each sales order, approval, quote requests and RMA. Work closely with application engineer and customer to prepare all information required to allow engineers to process the design
- Direct electrical engineer to prepare programming and check sheet and commissioning
- Verify and validate engineer’s work. Design and create products when required
- Request help from or provide help to R&D engineers
- Coordinate and manage projects of all sizes with little to no supervision
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing, Production Planning, QA and AMS
- Interface with Purchasing and vendors in approval, modification and substitution of component and assembly · Participates in selection of new employees, provides meaningful input to performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, employee training and development, terminations etc.
- Conduct performance evaluations of subordinates against their job requirements and performance to goals within the time frames designated for their position
- Collaborate with Engineering Manager to develop and mentor team to improve department quality, throughput and to reduce scrap/rework
- Provide guidance and instruction on CAD techniques and engineering standards. Ensure established design procedures and processes are followed (Windchill and JDE)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer of Ontario designation is highly preferred or willingness to attain.
- 5+ years’ experience in customized design of products
- 2+ years of experience working with 3D CAD software (Creo preferred) for mechanical design, detailing and drawing and BOM
- 3+ years’ leadership experience, preferably leading a team of engineers and designers
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical-electrical equipment/ power engineering systems fundamentals
- Solid knowledge of control
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Excellent command of the English language
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate the activities within the team comprised of diverse tasks and demanding schedules
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Ability to uphold confidentiality