SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a Data Analyst.
The Data Analyst conducts analysis and reporting in support of business operations, special projects/initiatives and strategic and operation planning activities of the Talent Management department, as well as contributes to development of new processes or procedures for required analytics and applies processes to gather, organize and review key business data and metrics.
The Data Analyst is responsible for gathering, validating, synthesizing, reporting and analyzing data from a variety of Talent Management sources and systems.
The Data Analyst will report findings to explain current and past activity, make recommendations and collaborate with department leaders to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
The Data Analyst will also provide statistical analysis, programming, and support as needed for special projects.
What You'll Do:
- Work directly with Firm leaders to analyze data and RFPs for business development, ESG, recruiting and human capital management;
- Support data needs related to ad-hoc diversity client requests and departmental reporting including monthly and quarterly business reviews;
- Produce tangible insights and contribute to global diversity/talent strategy, implementation and direction;
- Lead special research projects and market research; maintain data on competitors and competitive trends;
- Display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner;
- Manage, mine and analyze a broad array of quantitative and qualitative data assets;
- Develop and deliver both informational and decision-seeking reports, analyses and presentations;
- Compile analyses for reports and presentations to a broad audience, including marketing. general counsel and talent leadership, to shape strategic and operational decisions;
- Ensure data integrity, compliance and accuracy across
- Workday by running regular audit reports; coordinating with Manager to resolve inconsistencies;
- Stays abreast of Talent Management, Firm and Big Law practices relevant to metrics, performance indicators and reporting protocols;
- Remain current in Workday feature releases and industry standards; foster relationships with Workday Community (including vendors and counterparts) to identify best practices, innovative solutions and new work streams;
- Assist in the automation of key business reports and dashboards;
- Perform other essential duties, tasks, and projects as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Communicates effectively with technical and business staff;
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction;
- Analytical and passionate about working with data, driven to dive deep, and eager to make a broad business impact;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to think analytically and innovatively to provide solutions;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms,
- Extensive knowledge of technology planning and operations, design, and deployment, as well as system development lifecycle management;
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise reporting and analytics for Talent Management-related data;
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles;
- Demonstrate spreadsheet modeling and presentation-making skills that present data in an effective and compelling way, and that influence strategic business decisions;
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments, use initiative and judgment to accomplish timely results, and work under tight deadlines;
- A passion for and the belief in the power of making data-driven decisions;
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Workday reporting and analytics, dashboard creation and Prism analytics big data management;
- Acts with a high degree of integrity and discretion handling confidential employee information;
- Exercises good judgment at all times with respect to data privacy, security and all Firm policies and procedures;
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information and data.
- BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Information Management or related discipline highly preferred;
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a data analysis role and developing summary reports;
- Workday reporting and analytics Pro certification preferred;
- Prior HR business intelligence experience preferred;
- Law Firm experience is a plus;
- Experience developing data standards and formulating metrics for reporting; experience with web analytics tools and data visualization software;
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including overtime as necessary.