SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a Paralegal (Trust, Estates & Charitable Planning).
This position will assist attorneys by processing original documents, preparing binders, notarizing, doing proof of process and finalizing documents for signature.
This role will also provide support to other paralegals and attorneys in the San Francisco offices.
Specific Skills Desired:
- Draft documents including but not limited to promissory notes, pledge agreements, loan agreements, general corporate formation documents and other ancillary documentation involving complex US and foreign trusts and other entities.
- Provide basic services related to trusts, corporate entities, domestic and international tax issues, compliance and disclosure issues, administration of trusts and estates, and other related matters.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients and their advisors, accountants, assistants, banking personnel, and other attorneys to provide general assistance, answer questions, provide documentation, and render service in a timely fashion.
- Assist with preparing a variety of documents, forms, charts, letters, etc.
- Prepare binders, makes copies, enter data, assemble transaction records and maintain files. Perform database research and data entry.
- Assist other paralegals and attorneys with mailings and filings.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Strong preference for a minimum of 5+ years' experience as a tax or trust & estates paralegal, or experience in a closely related field.
- Must possess strong technical skills, including typing, and have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Experience with iManage/FileSite (or other document management system), Elite, and Compulaw preferred but not required.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work under strict deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills – the ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills – the ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work independently when/if required.
- Bachelor's Degree required, with a preference for the degree to be in accounting, tax or a related field.
- Paralegal Certificate required.