SourcePro Search is conducting a search for an experienced Patent Agent with patent prosecution experience to join our client’s Life Sciences Patent Counseling and Prosecution Group.
This is a hybrid position and can be based in the Washington, DC., San Francisco, Philadelphia, Boston, Austin, Chicago or Los Angeles office.
Ideal candidates should have experience representing pharma and life sciences companies in patent drafting, prosecution, due diligence, and patentability and freedom to operate analyses.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Drafting patent applications
- Managing domestic and international portfolios
- Preparing responses to Office Actions
- Corresponding with foreign associates
- Formulating search strategies
- Analyzing patents in connection with due diligence or freedom to operate analyses, and evaluating patentable subject matter
- Performs any and all other duties as necessary and as assigned by your supervisor for efficient functioning of the Department, Office and Firm
- 5+ years of professional experience and an advanced degree in Organic Chemistry, PhD preferred.
- Registered patent agent with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Prior work experience in a law firm and as a scientist strongly preferred.