SourcePro Search has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Patent Paralegal with our large global law firm client.
This is a hybrid position and can be based in the Boston, Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Francisco or Washington, DC. office.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Prepares supporting documents for attorneys including, but not limited to, the following: US and PCT application filing papers US formal documents, including Declarations, Assignments, and Powers of Attorney US prosecution papers, including Information Disclosure Statements, SB08’s, Responses to Missing Parts, Responses to Office Actions, Petitions, Issue Fee papers, and other USPTO forms Routine foreign prosecution documents such as PCT and direct national patent application filing papers, Authorization of Agents, Priority Documents, Assignments, and all other foreign formalities forms Reporting, reminder and instruction correspondence to clients Instruction correspondence to foreign associates Patent Status Charts Contacts USPTO, WIPO and foreign associates regarding status of applications.
- Works with Docketing Paralegal and attorneys and agents on managing the dockets and advising of deadlines; prepares and distributes docket or other status reports as directed.
- Reviews and organizes patent documents and files; ensures emails and documents are properly filed in iManage according to filing protocols.
- Coordinates Sequence Listings, Formal Drawings and Legalization of Documents with outside vendors.
- Works with supervisor and other patent staff on forms, prosecution manual, or other processes associated with Patent Practice Management.
- Performs special projects as assigned, particularly IP Due Diligence projects.
- Records time for billing and statistical purposes.
- Performs any and all other duties as necessary and as assigned by your supervisor for efficient functioning of the Department, Office and Firm.
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate 3+ years of US and foreign patent experience;
- Knowledge of US and foreign countries’ deadlines
- Friendly, team-oriented demeanor;
- Ability to collaborate and support attorneys cross-office
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, iManage, CPI, USPTO PAIR, EFS and EPAS
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Ability to learn new technical skills as they become necessary