SourcePro Search has a fantastic opportunity for a Manager, Business Development – Corporate. This high-level role offers a high base, excellent growth potential and a fantastic firm culture.
The Manager, Business Development will draft written pitches and proposals (including responses to RFPs/RFIs); perform client and market research and support other business development efforts; work with attorneys to identify and track key relationships and contacts; gather and record practice and industry experience and maintain lists of experience for use in BD efforts; and manage the directories submission process for the assigned groups, including drafting and submitting materials.
- Manage RFP/RFI responses, tailored pitches and other business development efforts, including drafting content, identifying relevant capabilities and experience for inclusion, and liaising with other firm departments
- Fulfill attorney requests for experience lists, biographies, practice and industry descriptions and similar materials
- Develop collaborative professional relationships with partners, the members of the Client Development & Marketing team and other colleagues
- Conduct research on current and prospective clients, competitors and industries to identify business development opportunities
- Maintain BD prospects lists and track BD efforts, opportunities and outcomes
- Work with attorneys to identify and track key relationships and contacts
- Create, update and maintain marketing collateral material, including pitch decks, practice/industry/geography descriptions, brochures, experience lists, tombstones and related materials
- Proactively track data on firm experience and identify areas of emerging interest
- Follow up with attorneys to obtain complete information about matters and experience and record matter information in a timely manner and within required deadlines
- Manage the league table submission and reconciliation process for the Asset Management Group
- Manage the complete directory submission process, including drafting compelling submissions, identifying relevant matters, working with attorneys to identify appropriate references, uploading materials, liaising with the directories staff on interviews and other topics as needed, communicating results, etc.
- Develop familiarity with marketing and business development tools and databases, and maintain the integrity and completeness of marketing database content
- Liaise with Events and Communications team members with respect to events, conferences, sponsorships, and industry memberships, and provide BD support related to such efforts
- Support additional profile-raising activities from time to time as determined by the needs of the firm
- Undergraduate degree is required, JD preferred, prior legal practice or BD experience in assigned areas strongly preferred (insurance transactional and regulatory, finance, capital markets and/or structured finance and derivatives)
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a law firm or professional services organization, with knowledge of law firm and practice area organization and structure.
- Strong writing skills, including experience drafting pitches, responses to RFPs/RFIs, practice descriptions and other marketing collateral
- Very strong attention to detail, accuracy and organization – must be able to work in a thorough, diligent manner
- Must demonstrate reliability and build trust through consistence performance and responsiveness with attorneys, fellow Client Development & Marketing team members and other firm support departments, including demonstrating responsiveness outside of business hours as needed
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills by connecting information across various platforms and providing value added input
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with all levels of firm personnel, including attorneys and support staff
- Knowledge of and experience with third-party databases such as Pitchly, CapitalIQ, Preqin and PitchBook
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat are essential
- Ability to work proactively
- Ability to prioritize and work within tight deadlines
The Manager, Business Development may be based in any of the firm’s U.S. offices, preferably New York, and will provide dedicated support to select practices – namely, insurance transactional and regulatory, finance, capital markets and structured finance and derivatives – as well as related assigned practices, industries and geographies. The Manager will work closely with Client Development & Marketing team members that support other functions and practice areas.
Candidates with experience supporting asset management/investment funds practices or related practices such as corporate, financial services, private equity or similar practices, are preferred.