View all jobs
Trademark ParalegalSan Francisco, CA
SourcePro Search has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Trademark Prosecution Paralegal.
The successful candidate will have:
Responsibilities will include:
- a Bachelor's Degree,
- Paralegal Certificate
- and 4+ years of trademark experience in a mid to large law firm setting.
- Must be Familiar with U.S. and worldwide trademark laws and procedures, including Madrid Protocol as well as familiar with TEAS electronic filing procedures and TTAB procedures.
This role offers a generous compensation package, excellent benefits and a great work culture.
- Prepare and file trademark, service mark and copyright applications.
- Prepare and assist with filing responses to office actions, 8 & 15 affidavits, assignments and renewal applications.
- Review watching service reports for assigned clients; prepare and send report letters to clients.
- Follow up with attorneys regarding the filing of oppositions.
- Prepare and file all documents in connection with oppositions and cancellation actions.
- Assist attorneys with TTAB filings.
- Conduct and analyze computer research and domestic trademark searches.
- Assist with investigation of third party use of marks.
- Assist with registration and maintenance of domain name portfolio.
- Prepare and file assignments in connection with business acquisitions.
- Assist attorneys in the maintenance of foreign trademark matters including prosecution of applications and oppositions.
- Prepare foreign filing instruction letters; verify foreign filing requirements and oversee the timely filing of formal documents.
- Review and analyze correspondence from foreign associates.
- Communicate with attorneys and clients throughout the entire prosecution of an application as well as during the maintenance of the foreign registration.
- Prepare letters to foreign associates instructing the filing of opposition or cancellation proceedings.
- Research and assist attorneys with trademark assignments and name/address change recordals in foreign countries.
- Docket all actions for portfolios handling to maintain accurate docketing records.