SourcePro Search has a fantastic opportunity for an Accounting Analyst who will participate in the daily financial operations of the Finance department including Fixed Asset and Depreciation maintenance, account reconciliations and analysis, banking, Accounts Payable vendor facilitation/liaison and the annual budget process. This role offers a high base, great benefits and growth potential within a top ranked, global law firm.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Review and maintain fixed assets and accumulated depreciation records using fixed asset application; provide depreciation analysis and projections as needed.
- Create and maintain new accounts payable vendor profiles.
- Act as liaison with 3rd party e-payables vendor including initial supplier set up and any profile updates.
- Perform various banking related duties such as wire set up, recording of ACH direct entries, stale dated checks and positive pay review.
- Reconcile various Partner related accounts.
- Reconcile payroll clearing, EE and ER tax accounts.
- Perform various other general ledger account analysis and bank reconciliations for various cash accounts.
- Process monthly journals as well as reclassification entries as needed.
- Perform expense reimbursement uploads from Chrome River and soft cost uploads into Aderant.
- Assist with annual budget process and with annual Review by outside Accounting Firm.
- Prepare compliance schedules for banks.
- Import and post various employee and Partner payroll entries.
- Assist with Personal Property Taxes Filling.
- Provide back up support for other members of team.
- Maintain and update General Accounting process documentation; create new documentation as needed.
- Review process and propose suggestions for automation and efficiencies.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Experience with Aderant software and Chrome River a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and interact with personnel at all levels.
- Demonstrate ability to change priorities quickly and accept frequent interruptions.
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to manage time efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and oversee various concurrent projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
The qualified candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience in general accounting or financial analysis;
- Law firm experience a plus.
- Knowledge of GAAP and accounting concepts.
- BA or BS in Accounting/Finance preferred.