SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a Senior Paralegal.
This position provides paralegal support to the attorneys and staff of a growing branch office of a highly prestigious, international law firm.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions, not in priority order):
- E-filing in state courts; preparing and updating document binders and electronic case files; managing case calendars; deposition preparation support; and trial support.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree,
- At least 5 years of experience as a paralegal in a corporate litigation law firm,
- Flexibility in availability (overtime will be required), dependability,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Attention to detail, and a professional, team-oriented work ethic.
- Case management - Anticipate team needs; organize and maintain all case documents, electronic and otherwise; oversee handling of files between offices; arrange for appropriate technology; stay current with technology and firm initiatives; direct and delegate work for junior paralegals, where appropriate; maintain calendar for each team; distribute incoming e-filings to litigation teams; assist with mediation preparation and moderating via Zoom.
- Prepare for depositions - Under the supervision and direction of firm attorneys, gather and prepare documents; prepare printed and/or electronic binders; organize exhibits; and handle exhibits during the deposition, if requested.
- Court filings - Under the supervision and direction of firm attorneys, prepare and e-file state court documents using File & ServeXpress; prepare and distribute paper copies where required. Prepare for and attend trials - Under the guidance of a Senior Case Manager, review all trial documents (exhibits, designation, etc.); organize all trial materials; maintain case calendar; coordinate with vendors regarding graphics, technical support, reprographics, etc.; prepare courtroom, attend trial, and keep time; document management support during trial; trial transcript review; update exhibits lists, demonstratives, etc.; under the supervision and direction of firm attorneys, coordinate with other firms, court clerks, and court reporters.
- Act as paralegal liaison with various internal departments and outside vendors/agencies
- Coordinate with and oversee the progress of projects through litigation support departments and outside vendors; order transcripts from reporting services; fulfill requests from firm attorneys, outside counsel, and others.
- Hours – 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – 35 hour work week.
- This is an on-site position; hybrid work schedule is not applicable at this time.
- Flexibility in availability required, overtime will be necessary on occasion and potentially on short notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of prior work experience as a corporate litigation paralegal required.
- Experience with the Court of Chancery practice and procedures required; experience in other courts’ practices and procedures preferred.
- Proficiency in e-filing in state courts required; experience in other courts’ e-filing practices and procedures preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Zoom and Adobe required.
- Proficiency with Relativity required.
- Must be: A professional, proactive, energetic, and hardworking team player
- Comfortable in a growing, evolving litigation practice
- Exceptionally well organized and detail oriented Highly skilled in verbal and written communication
- Able to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Able to act with a sense of urgency when necessary
- Available to work overtime, including weekends and holidays, potentially on short notice
- Willing to monitor emails during non-standard business hours
- Able to cultivate and sustain professional working relationships with attorneys and staff in a small office environment
- Able to effectively interact with all levels of firm personnel, in all Paul, Weiss offices, as well as with outside counsel, clients, and vendors