We are conducting a search for an experienced Senior Microsoft Cloud Engineer for our top rated global law firm client.
The ideal candidate will help lead the implementation and support of the firm’s Cloud and On-Premise Enterprise platforms (M365, Azure AD, Azure IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Windows & Linux Environments), and other back-end infrastructure applications/platforms associated with these technologies. Responsibilities includes owning the relevant technology platforms, and providing project deliverables and third level technical support for infrastructure based projects including design, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting, system monitoring and alerting and timely problem resolution for the firm’s 24x7 environment
What You'll Do:
- Assist with the development, design and implementation of cloud and on-premises related projects and solutions.
- Responsible for implementation and maintaining the firms Azure AD /M365 infrastructure and related integrations with on-premise users and applications.
- Engage and communicate with stakeholders, and work closely with technical teams on interdepartmental projects
- Proficiency with Azure cloud architecture, including Regions, High Availability, DR, Monitoring, Governance and Security, and CAF (Cloud Adoption Framework), and Azure WAF (Well Architected Framework) etc.
- Assist with the development and maintaining IaC as Code (ARM templates, BICEP templates), along with Azure PowerShell to improve cloud automation, alerting and monitoring.
- Write and maintain documentation on process procedures, cloud configurations, governance, automation, and other important technical areas.
- Create detailed diagrams of cloud applications / network topologies.
What You'll Bring:
This position requires responsiveness at all times (24x7) to the operational needs of the firm, system problems or outages, and availability for scheduled off hours maintenance. Expected to carry and be reachable via cell phone and mobile email device to ensure availability 24x7.
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience building, maintaining and supporting Microsoft technologies and related platforms (Active Directory, Azure, MFA, M365, Azure Cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms, PowerShell). Experience supporting and managing enterprise infrastructure platforms (Active Directory, Group Policies, Windows Security, DNS, Windows Server 2019 Infrastructure, VMWare, Veeam, F5, etc.) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, and Microsoft Cloud Certifications.
- A proven professional with excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and time management skills a must.
- Strong team player who understands ownership of end to end solution to the customer is a key to success in this position.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, problem solving skills required with the ability to make recommendations based on findings and best practices.
- Proactive Management of the Microsoft Cloud/Hybrid environment and platforms under your purview: monitor system response time, system/application health and performance. Ensure system state is current and take into consideration the user experience when making any system related changes or upgrades.
- Familiarity and good understanding of core on-premises infrastructure such as SAN, Network, Compute, vSphere, Veeam, and associated platforms preferred.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 technologies: Azure Identity Management, Azure AD, Azure Landing Zones, Azure Express Route and other Microsoft PaaS and SaaS technologies.
- Deep experience of Azure Core Platforms: Azure Computer, Storage, Networking, Azure Cloud Architecture and Security.
- Deep understanding of Storage Accounts, Conditional Access Policies, Monitoring & Alerting, Azure Key Vault, Microsoft Purview and Defender Platforms, Microsoft APP Registration & Subscription Management
- Strong knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) including but not limited to Bicep, ARM, Terraform, etc.
- Expertise in providing guidance, building highly-available/fault-tolerant enterprise class infrastructure with multiple regions.
- Working knowledge in cloud identity and access management to enforce security guidelines.