View all jobs
Electromechanical Actuation EngineerOklahoma City, OK
SourcePro Search is conducting a search for a Electromechanical Actuation Engineer.
- Responsible Engineer for Flight Control Actuation Systems.Perform trade studies of actuation approaches for electromechanical mechanisms and control surfaces.
- Create sizing and performance requirements based on loads, rates and redundancy requirements.
- Synthesize specifications from industry best practice, performance requirements, environmental requirements and concept of operations.
- Perform preliminary design to validate requirements and support a make/buy analysis for actuators, motors and motion control devices.
- Direct mechanical/electrical designers for detailed design activities for actuation items to be built.
- Manage subcontractors from contracting through requirements and testing to delivery.
- Write and execute acceptance test procedures or system checkout procedures for actuation systems.
- Define and verification plans for the different sub-systems and validate them through the lab/Aircraft testing.
- Create aircraft installation and checkout procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field.
- Demonstrated history in aerospace industries performing design, build and operational test for motion control systems.
- Executed testing in support of a hardware verification program for an aerospace system.
- History of integrating software and hardware components in flight critical or safety critical systems.
- Understanding of motors, motor controllers, drive mechanisms and gearboxes.
Preferred Tools / Process Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working in hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) or system integration labs (SIL)
- Designed test stations in support of avionics verification testing including harnesses, special test equipment, rack design, creation of BOMs and supporting procurement
- 10+ years of experience in aerospace or defense industries in Actuation systems
- Experience in analog to digital and digital to analog converters, power supply components, analog testing/troubleshooting techniques, and signal integrity, layout and
- Applied experience with hard real-time operating systems and embedded systems
- Exposure to hardware-in-the-loop environments outside of aerospace (automotive, robotics, medical, etc.)